Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Monday, December 21, 2009

Fleas Navidad-Money Holder For Dog Groomer

Good Morning and Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a great weekend! Today's card SHOULD have been quick and easy but it turned out to be a nightmare! I used my BossKut Gazelle to cut out the cute little image I got from Art4Crafts and after spending more than 2 hours trying to get it aligned, I decided to call BossKut. I was on the phone with the tech for an hour and 45 minutes, and this is the best it gets. It's still "off" by about 1/32 of an inch but I guess it's better than what I could do cutting it by hand. There are just so many variables when you do a "print and cut" like the way the paper feeds into the printer, the way you put the paper on the mat, how you feed the mat into the machine and the way you set the laser up on the crop mark. You would think after spending that kind of money, it should align itself. Anyway...today's card is for our dog groomer, and other than the trouble I had with the Gazelle, I really had fun making it. Not only is she a sweetheart and so appreciative, she is a dog gone good groomer!
I used clip art images I found on line from Art4Crafts , they have some of the cutest images...I've ordered several sets so you will be seeing them a lot. Many free images are also available, some that I have used in the past with great success. You may want to check them out for the up coming holidays like Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day and of course Easter --- The card measures 3"x 7" folded and is the perfect size for a dollar bill or a check. The paper is cut at 7"x 8.5, scored at 3" and 6" then folded and notched out with a Stampin' Up Word Window Punch, a Fiskars 1" circle punch and Scor Tape to form the pocket. This is what the inside looks like---Here's the recipe---
Card Size: 3"x7" closed
Stamps/Image: Clip Art (for image on front), Recollections (for hydrant and food bowl and paw prints), Popcorn The Bear (for holly)
Nestibilities: Circle/Scallop, Spellbinder Tag
Punch: EK Diamond Scallop, Fiskars Tag, Stampin Up Window Word, Fiskars 1" Circle
Font: Computer Generated-CK Wonderland
Accessories: Ribbon, Gold Flat Back Pearls, Brad, Scor Tape, Foam Pop Dots

That's it for today, Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have enjoyed your visit, I'll see you next time, have a great day!

10 comments:

C said...

Too cute for words, Miss Kelly! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

craftieodmae said...

Adorable card, you'll get the hang of it, hang in there. Merry Christmas GF!

Melodie said...

The card is adorable, and the dog is so sweet.
Hugs
Melodie

DonnaMundinger said...

Toooo cute Kelly! Sweet doggy and the sentiments are adorable! Guess I'll stop thinking about that Gazelle. LOL xxD

Migdalia said...

OMG! That is so cute! I LUV it!
Hugz

Sharon Caudle said...

Kelly, this is soooo adorable!!! That puppy is just too cute and love how you decorated the inside too! Awesome play on words too!! :) I love it all! hugs!

Suzanne said...

Hi Kelly..This card is just to cute!!! Love the clip art, the embellies and the sentiments are just perfect. You are so talented!!!

gigi rojas said...

OMG!!! I just can't help myself from getting so tickled over this one. Eduardo 2! Ya know that this is just plain ole GREAT!!! Another favorite! Ya got personality girl! This card is "MUY BUENO!!!" Actually it is "BUENIIIIIIIIIIIIIISIIIIIIIIIIMO!!!"

Diane said...

Very very cute....what a great idea...I still have to make something for my dog groomer.....thanks for sharing this fantastic idea!

meemee48 said...

What a hoot!!