Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Monday, July 6, 2009

For Your Birthday-You CAN Have You Cake And Eat It Too-Gift Card Holders

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend! Here are a couple of gift card holders I made using Dustin Pike's digital images---
http://doodledragon.dustinpike.com/
They both measure 3.5 x 4.75 when closed.
This 1st one is vertically arranged. The image was colored with Prisma pencils and OMS then layered on a circle/scallop Nestibility that I pierced the scallops with a paper piercer. Fun flock was added to the pad of the monkey's foot, glossy accent added to the sprinkles on the cupcake. Happy Birthday Gigi was computer generated and cut with a tag Nestibility with 2 brads added. A ribbon and a bow were added to the band. The background layer was embossed with Cuttlebug Love Language Combo embossing folder.















This is the inside---the pocket was cut with Stampin Up Window Word punch and a Fiskars 1 inch circle punch. The greeting is computer generated.















This next one is horizontally arranged. The image was colored with Prisma pencils and OMS then layered on a circle/scallop Nestibility. Fun flock was added to the pad of the monkey's foot, glossy accent added to the sprinkles on the cupcake and flat back gems were added to the circle. The "Happy Birthday" tag was computer generated then cut with Fiskars tag punch and layered on a tag cut from Cuttlebug Tiny Tag set. The background layer was embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and a ribbon and bow were added to the band.










This is the inside---the pocket was cut with Stampin Up Window Word punch and a Fiskars 1 inch circle punch. The "It's Your Day" was cut with the Cuttlebug Birthday Wishes Combo set.















Thanks for stopping by. If you need further instructions on these gift card holders, feel free to leave a comment with your name and email address and I will get back with you. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Min said...

Love these monkey cards!!! The quote on the tags is too perfect!!
Hugs - Min

Migdalia said...

Great cards! Would love more info,thanks...

SunnyNP said...

I love, love, love your cards....i am always impressed with your designs! What size scallop nestibility did you use? I previously asked you about circle words....what size do you use for your word circle? 2 1/2 inches?
Thanks again for all of your help and inspiration!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Kelly,

I wanted to make it out to all my Digital Delights team mates and leave them some love today!!! LOL

I really like your cards with the Monkey!! I love that hearts embossing folder I need to get that!!!

Great job on both of these!!!

Heather

DonnaMundinger said...

These are just too cute Kelly! Great coloring with the little extras like the flock and gloss, and what a super idea using the punches to make the gift card holders. FABULOUS! xxD

Connie said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Glenna Hanson said...

Love your cards. Really pretty. Thanks for sharing

gigi rojas said...

How can I not feel "SPECIAL" when not only did I get a GORGEOUS AWESOMESSS card from you, but you also created this REALLY REALLY CUTE gift card holder for me as well! Yes, everyone is jealous of me now. What can I say? I have the most FANTASTIC TALENTED FRIEND ever!!! :)