Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Monday, July 6, 2009

During This Difficult Time...

I want to share a card that I made this evening but before I do, please take the time to read the following---
While visiting a fellow blogger's Blog this evening, I came across a very interesting post that kind of hit home with me. The posting came from Julie's Open Window and the topic of conversation was "More New Friends...More Inspiration" I asked her if I could copy parts of it and post it on my blog and she so graciously agreed. She opened the posting by saying---
"Thanks to all of you who have kindly taken the time to send a quick comment on my recent posts. As bloggers, we know that a comment is the lifeblood of our blogs." I could not agree with her more, your comments are very important to us! How I wish more of you would take the time to comment. She closed the posting by saying---
"So I hope you will take a moment to check out 'The Blogs I Absolutely Love', stop by a few and leave an encouraging comment. It's important for us to know you're out there waiting for our next post." Again, a statement that speaks for itself! For all of you that are out there "lurking" please take the time to post a comment, it means so very much to us!
You can read the entire post on her blog---
http://juliesopenwindow.blogspot.com/

With that being said---here is the card I made tonight, it could be a sympathy card or just a card for someone who may need some added support. It was made with Spellbinders Rose Edgeability then chalked. The words through the window were computer generated on a layer of vellum. A separate sheet of paper was cut 1/4 inch shorter than the base card, folded and sandwiched between the vellum and the back of the card. I thought the paper I had in pink would go with the color of the chalk but it clashed so I opted for white until I am able to find a color of pink that matches. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!

10 comments:

Carole Beath said...

This card is very very elegant and beautiful.

DonnaMundinger said...

Kelly this is gorgeous! What a beautiful and comforting saying for those in times of need. I've been on the fence about those borderabilities but now that I've seen them in action they're on my list for sure! Just BEAUTIFUL! xxD

Unknown said...

Kelly.. I don't understand how you made this gorgeous card. Another great card. Love it.
Cheers

Kris said...

WOW Kelly - this card really says it all - beautiful! Kris

Nita's World Handmade said...

Very nice Kelly!!!
I've been trying to create a card with a cut out window, but not able to do so. How did you create the cut out window for this card?
Thanks, Nita
steve.nita@msn.com

eunice said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kelly! Sympathy cards always seem the most difficult for me to make, but you did a great job with this.
p.s. I totally agree with you about leaving comments!

Mere Deaux said...

My first time in your blog! Wonderful cards here. You are very talented. I will be back!
Jan

Sue said...

This is a beautiful card. Love how the sentiment is showing through the velum. Very nice.

dj1952 said...

I have been looking at your cards. I liked the latest one on the Cricut site. I really like the card about difficult times. I know that I don't always comment, but I will try to do better. Sometimes it's because I am looking for something and I'm trying not to spend too long on the web.

dj

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Kelly, very elegant and stylish, love the embossing. Well done!!
Barbarax