Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Friday, February 10, 2012

Top 'O The Morning To You-A Few St. Patrick's Day Cards

Good Morning...Happy Friday I hope you have had a great week! Thanks for stopping by. I wasn't going to make St. Patrick's Day cards this year but my conscience got the best of me so here's what I came up with. This first one is a simple gatefold with a clasp...add a sentiment and a little greenery and you've got a card that looks like you gave it some thought when the truth of the matter is it is so simple! I will be making this type of card often. I used the Petite Oval/Scallop Nestibility to form the clasp---
 Here it is partially opened showing how the pieces fit together to keep it closed. Here is a closer look at the sentiment which is an Irish Blessing I found online---
May You Have
A World of Wishes at Your Command.
God and His Angels Close to Hand.
Friends and Family Their Love Impart,
And Irish Blessings in Your Heart!
Here's another quickie. My blogger friend Patti introduced me to Z-fold cards at Christmas and I love them...they are so quick and easy. The image is clip art I that I found on line---
Here it is opened. It forces me to finish the inside of the card while I've got the paper at hand rather than setting it aside to finish at a later time---
Here's another quick and easy card. The circle is from Scrapping Cottage. I had a heck of a time with the placement on the card base...when I took a closer look, I realized it wasn't me but the shape wasn't symmetrical, which is ok but I was trying to line it up with the pattern on the paper. The clovers are punched with Martha Stewart clover punch on Core'dination cardstock then embossed with the Cuttlebug Butterfly combo and lightly sanded---
This little St. Patrick's Day bird and sentiment is from The Doodle Pantry. You can't tell from the picture but it has a wobbler on it---
This next card is kind of in your face bright but my grandson's favorite colors are red and yellow and I'm sure he will get a kick out if it. I used the Scrapping Cottage frog die with the Irish Blessing about finding frogs in your underpants. It also has a wobbler on it. For those of you that may want to copy the poem...here is a closer look---
May The Light Always Find You
On A Dreary Day,
When You Need To Be Home,
May You Find Your Way.
May You Always Have The Courage
To Take A Chance, And Never Find
Frogs In Your Underpants.
 
This last one is for the twins. I found this cute little Irish boy clip art on line and thought it would be perfect for them. The background looks white but in real life it is cream color---
That's it for now...Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. As always...If you have any questions on the recipe or the supplies I used...please feel free to email me! Til next time...enjoy your day and have a wonderful weekend!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow zer!!!! I will comment more later when I'm not using my phone to type but they are all super!
AnonyMOUSE

bonnie said...

Fab St. Patricks Day cards...love those wobbles! ;) Hugs x

Beth said...

OH MY GOSH Kelly, all of these are fantastic but the first 3 are beyond words, absolutely breathtaking! And of course the ones that are for your grandsons are as cute as ever. They will love the bright colors! I'm going to email you with a few questions.

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW... I'm blown away! Look at all this gorgeous eye candy! I have to say the 1st is my fav. Love how it opens!

sodell said...

I would LOVE to know where you found the Irish boy clip art? If you don't mind sharing. Your cards are WONDERFUL! I just followed the link from SCS this morning and found your blog. You are so talented & creative. Love all the St. Patty's Day ideas. Thanks so much for sharing -Stacy

Marie said...

lovely cards. i don't think i've ever seen a card that opens like the first one. i love it. so creative.

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh Kelly!!! You never cease to wow me with your cards!!! They are absolutely gorgeous!!! Especially love the multi-layered bow, need to find a tutorial on that one!! ;) TFS your beautiful art with us!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Oh my! Gorgeous as always! You never cease to amaze me! i luv them all, esp that 'in your face' one! Awesome1 TFS
Big Hugz

Lorene said...

Love these St. Patrick's day cards. All of them are great. That is something I have never sent, I guess I don't have any irish friends or family. Great Job!

Tina said...

Great cards as always!!! I wasn't planning on making any St. Patty's cards I think you may have inspired me. Thanks!

Tina

Anonymous said...

Hellooooooo Kelly! Wow, girl, are you ever seeing green! One great card after the other. Always enjoy my visits over here! Great inspiration.

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Kelly!!!

Amei os seus cartões, o trevo quatro folha é o da sorte!!! Saúde e muita sorte pra você e sua família.

Beijos

"Um Buggin" said...

Hi Kelly, Fabulous St. Patty's day cards my friend. Happy to see that you decided to create them, they would surely be missed if you didn't. Have a great weekend!

Hugz, xoxo

~L~

Melodie said...

HI Kelly,
all cards are sooo beautiful, you have done a great job.
Hugs
Melodie

nwilliams6 said...

I love how you post so many different looks and images on your blog at once - what great eye candy. These are all wonderful and all so different. My fav is the frog one! Well done colection! Hugz.

k squared said...

Great diversity! The frog is perfect for a holiday focused on "green" and the saying could not be more perfect. Fantastic as always!

Sandi said...

well for someone who wasn't going to go green, you came up with a smash load of beautiful cards, each one unique and full of fabulous detail, love each one. Hugs

craftieodmae said...

all of these are just priceless!!!!!

julie said...

Wow Kelly your cards are amazing i love every one. The first one is unique. Julie x

Barb said...

Oh Kelly!! Your work never ceases to amaze me! These cards are just great! I love the way they open. You've been busy!!

Carol<>< said...

wow Kelly, that gate fold is great!!!
another must try for me, you keep giving me great ideas... why one look at your blog is never enough,
have a great day,
Carol N<><

MiamiKel said...

EEEK, Kel! Squealing with excitement to see your line up of cards - splendid, each and every one of them! So much fun and so detailed, being Irish, I just love them even more! :) x0x0

bumblebee creations said...

what super great cards!!

Belinda said...

I just love your twins St Patrick's Day card ! I have twins and would love to know the website for the clipart you used it is so cute. Thanks so much