Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Monday, February 8, 2010

Sticking Our Neck Out To Say Happy Birthday

Good Morning and Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! It was cold in Orlando this weekend and I'm sure I speak for most of the nation when I say...enough already, I'm ready for Spring! Here's a card I made for my youngest son, he will be turning 33 next week and although he will roll his eyes and say I have too much time on my hands, I'm sure he will love it. He has had a passion for giraffes for as long as I can remember and with my new found crafting technique, I thought this would be perfect---
Here is the recipe---
Card Size: A2-Topper
Technique: Paper Piecing-Mulberry Tear Animals
Nestabilities: Oval/Scallop
Cuttlebug: Birthday Wishes Card Making Combo, Babyface Alphabet (tag)
Punches: Marvy Flora (for eyes outlined with gel pen)
Background: Cutting Cafe-Happy Bithday Background
Font: Computer Generated-Batang (for tag)
Accessories: Ribbon, Gel Pen, Foam Pop Dots, Flat Back Gems

That's it for today! If you haven't already, make sure you stop by The Cutting Cafe before midnight tonight for your FREE Printable Stamp Backgrounds...see Saturday's posting for details. Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you so please take a moment to leave me a comment. I'll see you next time...enjoy your day!

34 comments:

eunice said...

Wow, Kelly you've really outdone yourself with this cute,cute card. I'm sure your son will be thrilled to get this. So many wonderful details, and your giraffe is just adorable. You are amazing!

Silli said...

Hello dear kelly... Your card is sooo funny, big smile, the image is soooo cute!!! Love your card so much... Wish you sunshine and a happy day!!!! Hugs Silke

craftieodmae said...

Girl is there nothing you can't do??? This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Sandy said...

OMHeck!!!!! This is fabulous....totally fantastic...the cutest tear project I've ever seen....he is the bestest!!! This card is wonderfully wonderful! I love the colors! Your son is going to be thrilled!

Beth said...

Oh Kelly, he is so cute, makes you want to give him a big hug.

Teresa said...

Wow! You have really mastered the art of paper tearing. I really love this card!

C said...

Get out!! This little guy is just adorable and you've obviously mastered the art of mulberry paper tearing...awesome, Kelly!!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Kelly I just love the mulberry paper tearing cards you have done, they are all so cute and this one is just way too cute. I have to say I have a soft spot for giraffes too. He is just adorable.

hugs
Kaye x

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh is this not the cutest? Your son should absolutely love this!

Migdalia said...

Holy Moly! That is so darn cute! I absolutely LOVE it! Awesome job on the tearing! Wish I was half as good! TFS

Trac~ said...

That is an awesome card! I'm sure your son will absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing! :o)

Suzanne said...

Hi Kelly...What a cute paper tear giraffe!!! You seem to have really mastered this technique. I love all of the elements that you put with it.

Fe-Fe said...

Awww! That's adorable! I have a thing about Giraffes too. Just gorgeous!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Kelly! this little guy just steals my heart! ADORABLE! xxD

magicwanda said...

O-M-G
Wow Kelly , this is Super AWESOME!
I just love that soft Giraffe
LOVE LOVE this one....
Hugs Wanda:-)

Carol<>< said...

sooo cute Kelly, he will love it!
Carol<><

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG! This is sooooo CUTE, Kelly!!! I love the giraffe and how fuzzy he looks! You are doing such a fabulous job on these tear animals! I love it!!! hugs!

Regina Easter said...

wow, okay i gotta learn the torn bear stuff. your just rockin out some MARVELOUS, ADORABLE STUFF...goodness girl....hugs

FroggieStamps said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! I love it! I have always liked the tear bear things, but have never tried them. Thanks for sharing!! :)

-Kelli

"Um Buggin" said...

Kelly, this is just super cute my friend. I'm sure your son is going to get a giraffe-tastic bang out of this one. You have got the tear-bear technique down girlfriend!
Love it!

Hugz, xx

~L~

Unknown said...

This is a super card Kelly, so so cute, I just couldn't keep my eyes off it, I love it. I never heard of paper tearing before but it sure gives a fantastic result xxx

Nita's World Handmade said...

Very nice Kelly!!! How do you do the animal? It looks very furry.

Amanda said...

I cannot seem to get my paper as fuzzy as you do. Could you please email me at amandaeb@yahoo.com and tell me what your technique is. I have tried wire brushes and toothbrushes, wet and dry and nothing makes the mulberry paper quite as soft and fluffy looking as yours.

Roxie said...

First of all your card it fantastic!! I love the Giraffe and if your son doesn't like him I know where you can send him. I am right there with Amanda with my paper. I don't know if it is the paper that I am using or what I am doing wrong. I would love to know your technique also. Here is my address. roxie3452002@yahoo.com

Beautiful Job!!!

Roxy

Rachel said...

OMGosh how precious is this card!!! Kelly, this is absolutely adorable!!! so so so CUTE!!! can you send some of that awesome creativity over this way??
hugs,
Rachel

Sandi said...

okay Kelly you have perfected this technique to now qualify as a Master, that giraffe is just alive! Love it and sure son will too. Hugs

Beth Ann said...

All I can say is WOW! I just love the giraffe. Great job. Can not wait to see more.

Unknown said...

Kelly that giraffe is just toooo stinky cute! I love it! I haven't been able to look for awhile, I am in my busy time at work. I'm loving all your valentine cards and that technique is awesome on the paper tearing thingie. I would love for you to share the technique with me also at heyj3@hotmail.com. Hopefully after april 15 I can get back to craftin!
Hugs, hugs, hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card. Cannot say enough about your fluffy giraffe. I'm certain your son will appreciate your creativity.
I've made a few tear bears - not as fluffy as your giraffe - so I, too, would like to know what tool and what mulberry paper you've used.Thanks.
PJ (Jessie Adams) baseballclayfun@yahoo.com

CindyT said...

Really cute!!

Kris said...

WOW - what a great technique. I just can't look at this enough. Toooooooooo cute! Hugs...Kris

~JulieH~ said...

Goodness me Kelly This giraffe is just as cute as can be! Absolutely gorgeous your son will love it!
Hugs
Juliexx

Dayle said...

I am a new follower and am totally impressed with your creativity! As some of the others have asked, I would really love to know your technique and any other essentials in order to create these gorgeous tear bears,etc. This giraffe is awesome! Would you share any secrets please? My email is: dayleschenk@gmail.com Thanks so much in advance - when you have the time!

Diane said...

WOW...this has got to be one of the cutest I have ever seen.....if your son doesn't like it...I will send him my address so he can send it on to me...LOL...but really...it is the cutest~cutest giraffe I have ever seen!!!