Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Two Very Special Thank You Cards

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you are having a great week. It's been a tough 2 weeks for me. Heartfelt thanks to those that were kind enough to send cards, emails and left comments here on my blog for the passing of my mom. Without your prayers and support, I don't know how I would have gotten through. I still feel a void but am slowing getting back into the swing of things. Here are 2 very special Thank You cards. The first one was sent to my aunt who spent countless hours caring for my mom, not only during her battle with cancer but acted as a companion when she was well after the passing of my dad some years ago. Aunt Midge, you will never know how grateful we are. I used Spellbinder Floral Ovals, Cuttlebug With Gratitude Card Combo Die and EK Diamond Lace Edge Punch---
This next card went to my grandson's who even though I wasn't in the mood to celebrate, made my birthday extra special. The twins have such a passion for puppies, I couldn't resist using this Scrapping Cottage Party Puppy for their card. While not my favorite die, I have over used the Shih Tzu Peeker and plan on using my new Christmas Puppy die for their Christmas card. The bone is also a Scrapping Cottage die and the paw print in a punch layered on a Nestibility circle and added to Cuttlebug Babyface Alpha Die---
While these next 2 aren't Thank You cards, they were in my camera about the time my computer crashed and hadn't had a chance to post them. Very simple and doesn't need explaining. I used Stampin' Up Digital Designer Paper printed on parchment paper, inked the edges and added a computer generated sentiment---
My Blogger friend Shirl wanted a Thinking of You or a Sympathy card, similar to the one I made last month for the husband of a vendor my husband worked with years ago. I converted it it an A2 using a computer generated sentiment that could be used for either, then layered it on a Petite Oval/Scallop Nestibility---
That's it for now...Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week and I hope to see you soon!

16 comments:

Anneke klerks said...

Beautyful cards!!!
liefs anneke

craftieodmae said...

your cards are beautiful and so are you. I do promise it's gets easier to live with, my Mom died 21 years ago on Mothers Day, it really was/is her day. You are loved and a fantastic lady!!

Beth said...

I'm sorry that you are having a tough time, things will get better. The card you made for your aunt is beyond gorgeous. She will appreciate the love that went into making this very special thank you. The card for the twins is super adorable, they will love it even if they are too young to appreciate your talent. The simplicity of the just a note is fantastic and the card you made for Shirl is beautiful and would be perfect for any occasion.

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Kelly!!!

Que Deus lhe dê muita força nesse momento tão difícil que é a perda da sua mãe. Somente o tempo é capaz de passar essa dor. O cartão que fizeste para sua tia é maravilhoso, muito harmonioso. E a coisa mais fofa é a sua criatividade sem limites de fazer os seus cartões. Que Deus abençoe sempre!!!

Que você tenha dias, semanas, meses e anos abençoados e iluminados.

Diane said...

Good to "see" you again...your cards are beautiful as always...I imagine it was hard to get enthused to get back into it, but you started off with a bang...they are gorgeous!! The little puppy is so cute..perfect for the "little guys" in your life...aren't grandbabies just the best!! Take care of yourself!!

Marie said...

very nice love the colors and detail. good job!

Teresa said...

Dear Kelly, Still praying for you, as I am sure the days are still tough. You are such a loving person and they come through in your cards. They are absolutely beautiful and so thoughtful. The colors and layering are stunning! Hugs

julie said...

Hi Kelly. I hope each day you are feeling stronger. Your cards are stunning They are all beautiful works of art. I love the new spellbinders die! Take care Julie x

Anonymous said...

The floral ovals is a beautiful die, I hadn't seen that before. Your thank you card really shows it off and those special flowers in the thank you and sympathy cards are still my favorites.
The card for the twins is precious. Puppy fanatics or not, everyone will love that. I love the dog bone and the bright orange circle with the paw print, really makes the whole thing pop.

AnonyMOUSE

Carol L said...

Your cards are all amazing and I especially love the sympathy card. It's simply stunning with a heartfelt message and all of those beautiful little flowers look gorgeous! I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how you feel.

MiamiKel said...

Kelly, I'm sorry to read of your mom's passing and know that it will be so very hard on you in the journey ahead. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

your cards, as always, are beautiful.

Many hugs and blessings
x0x0

k squared said...

Beautiful cards with all your trademark details. I hope your creativity and talent help you to work through the tough days to reach an inner peace with the loss of your Mom.

Laurie said...

Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a parent, know that you and yours are in my prayers. Your cards are beautiful, and I know crafting can be so therapeutic! Take care my friend, just take it one day at a time.

Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

Kelly, these are all wonderful. The first card is just beautiful and I love the music one, but the rest are all great too.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I know this is just the worst time right now - the loss of a Mom creates such a void... I know you were very close and this is really tough.

I am so sorry that I haven't been visiting your blog much lately. Work has been awful but I am going to make a better effort! Hugz - extra ones since you really need them!!!!

Sandi said...

Kelly each one its own special treasure, it takes time for that void to fill, but yours will fill quickly because each time you do something special for someone, a little piece is replaced by the loving kindness you have shared, continue to keep you in prayers, hugs

Suzanne said...

Hi Kelly...the thank you card to your aunt is just gorgeouos!! Love the card for your grandsons. The other two cards are wonderful