Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Monday, September 10, 2012

A Couple of Birthday Cards and A Sympathy Card

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Monday! I hope you had a beautiful weekend! My original intent was to post a couple of birthday cards but we received some tragic news Friday. The wife of a vendor that my husband worked with years ago pasted away. I say tragic because she was 36 years old and full of life. We are uncertain the cause of death but it was unexpected. This card is in loving memory of Sarah. I used Nestibilities Lacey Circle, Martha Stewart Branch punch, Butterfly punch and Doily Heart Border (with the little hearts covered) EK Success Fern punch, CC Design Leafy Branch die and Fiskars tag punch. The sentiment is computer generated---
On a much brighter note..,.A very sweet blogger friend is celebrating her seventy-something birthday today. Happy Birthday Lorene! Not only is she a customer, but she is a faithful follower as well. She collects bears and her favorite color is aqua so I teamed her favorite with my favorite color and added a tear bear. This is the card I sent her. I used the Heart/Scallop Nestibility and Spellbinder tag die--- 
Lorene's grandson will be turning 16 and getting his drivers licence...oh does that bring back memories! When she asked me to make a card for him, I didn't know what I was going to do but I thought this digital paper from Kindred Creations would be perfect. Super quick and so much fun to make. The car and flag are pictures I found on line. I embellished the car a bit with the side mirror, headlight and folded down convertible top. I used buttons for the tires and popped it on the circle word from The Cutting Cafe that was cut with circle/scallop Nesibilities. The sentiment is computer generated with Cuttlebug Babyface Alphabet die for the 16 that I glue several layers together before cutting to give it the look and feel of chipboard---
That's it for today...Thanks for stopping by. I'll try to get back later in the week with the Halloween cards that I have done but not had a chance to take pictures of. As always, if you have questions or need more information than what I have posted, feel free to email me. Til next time...Enjoy your day and have a great week!

17 comments:

craftieodmae said...

these are gorgeous, I love the first one the most, yes even more than that gorgeous bear!!

Anonymous said...

Hi'ya Kelly! Oh, I just love the texture on that teddy bear and you did a wonderfully job on the car "theme"!
Hope all is well with you and that you've had a fantastic summer! Your adorable grandchildren are getting so BIG!

Beth said...

Hi Kelly! I'm so sorry to hear about passing of your friend. I know how difficult it is to make sympathy cards but this one is done beautifully. The soft colors captures the sentiment perfectly and I love how you personalized it. I love the paper you used for the tear bear and Lorene's grandson's card is fantastic. Perfect for a boy turning 16!

Carol<>< said...

sympathy cards are the hardest for me to make, you did a lovely job on this one,
your bears are always the cutest around and the car is perfect for a 16 year old.
have a wonderful day.
Carol N<><

Sandi said...

Kelly these are beautiful, you never cease to inspire me, I may have to do a partial lift on that "16" card, wow it is awesome, hugs

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Kelly!!!

Todos os cartões estão belíssimos!!! O primeiro além da cores suaves ficou muito harmonioso, o segundo super fofo com esse ursinho. E o terceiro excelente par homens, que é algo muito difícil de criar. AMEI!!! Como sempre você é fantástica.

Beijos

Dee said...

Hi Kelly, 3 gorgeous cards, all totally different, love the pink sympathy card. Dee x

Yoly e Suas Artes said...

Nossa!!!! Cada um mais lindo que o outro!!!! Concordo com minha amiga Edilza!!!!
Parabéns!!!!! Beijos e fica com Deus!!!!

Unknown said...

These cards are so great. I love the sympathy card the best. It is so beautiful and so heartfelt. You friend will feel it also. I am sorry for your loss. The 16 birthday card is awesome. Such a great idea for a sixteen card. The bear card is the cutest. Your friend is going to love it.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Cheryl

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Amazing! I always love all the details you put into your cards! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Melodie said...

Hi Kelly, your new cards are all so beautiful. I love all the lovely details, your chosen papers and the layout.
Hugs
Melodie

Suzanne said...

Hi Kelly...Your sympathy card is so pretty it should bring comfort to your friend. The teddy card is so cute. The 16 card is great!!
Hope things are going as well as can be expected with your mom.

Marie said...

as always, beautiful cards

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful creations as usual, but that top one is absolutely gorgeous! Wow!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing. I love how the beads really dress up the simple circle and the flowers are spectacular. The tear bear is too cute for words and just love the tire tracks, checkered flag & all the details on the birthday card.

AnonyMOUSE

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly it was great meeting you today in Joanns , thanks for all your advice and tips to help me get started making cards. I can't wait to get creating! Thanks again Debra

shamraiz said...

I love the first one the most, yes even more than that gorgeous bear!!
print plastic cards