Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Monday, April 16, 2012

A Few Cards for the Girl Next Door

Good Morning Everyone! Thanks for stopping by...I hope you had a great weekend! When the girl next door came over and asked me to make her a few cards, I had no idea what I was going to do because she didn't know what she wanted. She only knew that one of the cards needed to be special and needed the sentiment to be in Portuguese. Here is what I came up with...I hope you like them Stef. The first one is the "special" wedding card that is a 5x5 easel card, using one of my favorite Martha Stewart punches, Vintage Floral edge punch, Petite Oval/Scallop from Spellbinders and Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folders. Because of the embellishments, I needed to make a box for it. It didn't photograph very well, what you can't tell from the picture is the background paper is paper that I made using the silk paper technique and is gorgeous in real life and really adds texture. You also can't tell I heat embossed the edges of the card and the branch punch in the flower spray with gold glitter embossing powder---

She had seen the wedding cards I had sent to my son and daughter in law and thought it would be nice for a friend's wedding that she had missed. I promise you, this will be the last of the bride and groom hearts you'll see for awhile. A very simple card, using another of my favorite Martha Stewart edge punches, Lace Hearts and the embossing folders from the Cuttlebug Love Language, Emily's Bouquet and Quick Kutz Stripes Label---
She also needed a card for her daughter's teacher who is pregnant. The image is She's All That Brush Set from Stampin Up---
This last one, she picked from my stash so those not new to my blog may have already seen it---
That's it for today...Thanks for stopping by. If you have a question on the recipe or supplies that I have used in my posting today, please feel free to email me. Til next time...enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!

20 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

These are great! What a great neighbor you are. I love the top one the best - that flower spray is awesome! All are cute though - thanks for sharing this beautiful collection.

Beth said...

Oh Kelly, all of these cards are beautiful. The first one is truly elegant. You can tell you put a lot into it to make it special.I agree with the first poster, what a great neighbor you must be. I know first hand what a great friend you are!

craftieodmae said...

all of these are gorgeous, but man that wedding card is breathtaking!!!!!

Marie said...

simply beautiful

Sandi said...

Kelly stunning cards and I am sure she can hardly wait to share them. Hugs

Lynn Weber said...

Hey Kelly- how are you?? I'm sorry I havn't checked in on your blog in awhile, life just always gets in the way of fun : ) WOW- gorgeous wedding card, so many beautiful details- your cards are amazing!!! I don't think I could get tired of the heart bride & groom cards, soo clever : ) What details on the pregnant card- love the little tag & the image w/the little heart!! Hope you are having a great spring!!! Lynn

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say you have a great site and thanks for posting!…

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the wedding card. The burst of flowers couldn't be more beautiful. I'm with the other writer, everytime I see the bride & groom style card it looks different to me and I'm amazed how a couple details and a few different colors change everything and make it new. Love all of them.
AnonyMOUSE

Unknown said...

Wow Kelly, these are stunning, love the first one so much, really elegant and so beautiful.. yes can't see the embossing or your handmade paper.. must be so much more beautiful in real, love it xxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

They are all lovely Kelly! That first wedding card is absolutely gorgeous!

"Um Buggin" said...

Hey Kelly, just popping in to visit you and your gorgeous cards. You have done an awesome job on all of them. I really like the first one, as I am sure your neighbors does. You do such beautiful work, I have never seen one that I didn't love by you.
Be safe I hope you are having some nice weather.

Hugz, xoxo

~L~

Melodie said...

Wow, Kelly, your cards have again become so beautiful. Especially the Easel Card is a dream.
Hugs
Melodie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your cards are awesome! I love to see all the details you put into them! Docerela Creations now carries Portuguese stamps! I am sure she loved the one you created! :)
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

k squared said...

What a "special" girl next door this must be! Your special wedding card is absolutely beautiful!! All of the cards have so many details that make them wonderful. Each card is special in it's own right...what a generous sharing of your talent!

Lorene said...

I just saw your latest cards and they are fantastic. The last one for friends it just spectacular. I didn't realize you were putting cards on here again. I missed these. I thought of you this morning so thought I would check it out and there you were again with new creations. Good too see cards from you again.

julie said...

wow kelly your cards are stunning i adore your wedding cards. you are so talented. Julie x

Solange Barreto said...

Adoráveis!!!
BelĂ­ssimos.
Um beijo, fique com Deus.

bonnie said...

Oh my goodness your cards are so beautiful, so pretty! I bet your sweet neighbour loved it!! ;) Hugs x

eunice said...

Wonderful cards, Kelly! Love them all...the gorgeous "special" wedding card is definitely my favorite! Wish I could get a better look at the silk paper technique you used...I'm sure it adds an even more elegant touch to this beautiful card. Still lovin' the bride & groom hearts card...so cute! And your mom to be card is adorable too...clever sentiments!

Janetli921 said...

Wow Kelly
Your cards are amazing I hope you dont mine if I scraflift some of them LOL I really like all your work every time I see something from you my jaw just drops hahaha...blessings talented lady!!!