Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Retirement...Again!

Good Morning and Happy Humpday to you! Whew...what a week it has been. We said our goodbyes to my Aunt, my cousin and my mom yesterday. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Several weeks ago, my husband learned his previous boss, Bob would be retiring at the end of the month. Even though my husband was forced to retire because of his bad back and the surgery he had last June, he stays in contact with the people he worked with for 3o+ years. Bob had retired in November of 1998. Because of some bad decisions made by the management that replaced him, the company went through some severe financial difficulties. The investors asked Bob to come out of retirement to resume his previous position. Now that the company is back on solid ground, Bob has decided to make his retirement permanent. This is the card I made for him. I used The Cutting Cafe's Happy Retirement Huge Circle as the main focal point then added the computer generated circle with his dates of service and the word "Again"---
Here is the recipe---
Card Size: 5"x5" Square
Stamps/Image: Cutting Cafe-Happy Retirement Huge Circle
Nestibilities: Circle, Square
Font: Computer Generated-Constantia
Accessories: Brads, Embroidery Floss, Foam Pop Dots

That's it for today. Thank for stopping by! I'm taking the day off tomorrow so I won't be back until Friday, hope to see you then. Enjoy your day!

18 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card and good for him! Enjoy your day, carch ya Friday!

bonnie said...

Awww how lovely to retire...wonderful card! Hugs, Bonnie x

Migdalia said...

I love the color combo, it is just right! Very manly! You always do such lovely cards! TFS

Beth said...

Oh my word Kelly, this is a beautiful retirement card and yet so manly. The stitching is perfect. Do you stitch my hand or machine?

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very cool! This has such a tailored feel!So masculine!

Carol<>< said...

great man card, I am sure he will love it. and a well deserved retirement,
enjoy your day!
Carol<><

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow - what a handsome card! The papers are perfect and love the sentiment circle with your alterations, Kelly! Fantastic retirement card! It just has a wonderful air of sophistication about it! Awesome job!
hugs!
Sharon

Lorene said...

Great masculine card. Love the look and style. Colors is great the man. Love it as always.

Regina Easter said...

oh my, this is way STYLISH GIRL....ooooooooooooooooooooooo i like i like..hugs

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, it's a perfect masculine, so rich!!! I'm sure he loved it, especially that it was tailor made for him with the 'AGAIN' on the front :)) Hugs xx

Min said...

What an awesome card Kelly! LOVE LOVE LOVE the stitching!!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min

Melodie said...

From your card, I'm very impressed. You've implemented a great idea super
Hugs
Melodie

Diane said...

What a perfect retirement card!! Very stylish and manly at the same time...loved how you included all the details in the center!!!

Silli said...

So elegant and beautiful Kelly, I love the papers and the fabby colors... WELL done...;-) Always... Have a wonderful day my dear Friend!!!!! ;-)

C said...

Kelly, this is so nice! I know Bob will cherish it all the more knowing you took so much love and care to create it just for him.

We just left our family too so know what those parting tears are like.

Nita's World Handmade said...

Very nice card Kelly..I'm retired so I know the feeling.

Rachel said...

Wow!!! this is such a gorgeous retirement card!! He will definately love this!
hugs,
Rachel

eunice said...

What a neat retirement card! It's such a very special card because Bob will know that you made this personalized card especially for him! Love that patterned paper...is it from SU?